The statutes of the association, adopted for the first time at the creation of the association in 1985 and modified for the last time on April 1, 2010 and published in the Annexes to the Belgian Official Gazette of November 5, 2010, have been replaced by the following statutes.
These new statutes were adopted by 97% of the members present during the general assembly of the association "Belgian Society of Hematology / Belgische Vereniging voor hematologie" that met in Liège on January 28, 2012.
The main changes to the statutes are the following:
- Update the statutes to be in agreement with the law
- Redefinition of the aims of the Society
- New headquarters at the Belgian Foundation against Cancer
- Several types of membership
Candidacy on website
Support by 2 senior associate members, approval by board
Annual membership fee independent from GAM registration
- Direct election of President/Vice-President ticket by General Assembly
- Direct election of all board members by General Assembly
- 1/3 board members renewed each year
- Changes in board composition
- New official functions in the board
- Requirement for minimal activity of board members